Thursday, February 21, 2013

Throwback Thursday - February 21st

For this week's throwback, I decided to choose "Johnny Be Goode" by Chuck Berry. I made this decision because I watched "Back To The Future" a few nights ago and remembered how great the song is. It's a classic rock & roll tune, released back in March of 1958. Since it's release, it has received many praises and honors, including being named by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the 500 songs that have helped shape rock and roll, as well as being inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. This song is a timeless classic. It has a groove that will make you want to dance, no matter what age. And by dancing, I mean real dancing, not the movement that is considered to be "dancing" at school dances today. Dancing that had class, style, and a sensuality that inspired romance. This song brings a different era to the mind, one that I think would have been exciting to live through. I absolutely love this song, and recommend it to those who are wondering where rock and roll began. Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment