Friday, February 15, 2013

Five Song Friday - February 15th

Here it is, the latest installment of Five Song Friday! New music has grabbed my attention, and I hope you enjoy it!


  1. Shiver Shiver - Walk The Moon
    Walk The Moon has captivated my attention for the last month or so. They have such a refreshing sound, with new and unusual ideas within their music. This song in particular has been one of my favorites of their debut self-titled album. The groove of the song makes you want to dance along and sing loudly. The bass line is fantastic, as well as the guitar and the vocals, which all help to contribute to the dance-vibe of the song. The chorus is simple, but infectiously catchy. An awesome song, great for fans of Passion Pit, Young The Giant, & Neon Trees 5/5
  2. White Walls (feat. ScHoolboy Q & Hollis) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Macklemore has also been in my sights for the last few months since I was introduced to him. His beats are spectacular, and his raps and flow are insane. This song is a great song for driving around to, with the kick drum being particularly loud and resounding. The song has swagger to it as well, adding to its appeal for playing while driving. An excellent track off his album, The Heist. 4/5
  3. Infinity Guitars - Sleigh Bells
    Sleigh Bells have such a unique and distinct sound. This song combines a 70's distortion style guitar with banging Hip-Hop beats to create an addictive sound. My personal favorite part is the last chorus, where the sound EXPLODES into a wall of distorted noise. It's fantastic and will catch you off guard if you're not paying attention. Go listen to it! Now! 5/5
  4. Mirrors - Justin Timberlake
    J.T.'s comeback has been spectacular, and this single is a contributing factor. It's a solid pop song with hip-hop influences, which is right up J.T.'s alley. The outro is a sweet, chilled out section that brings down the energy and vibe of the song to a more sensual place. Definitely great for fans of his older material. 5/5
  5. 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) - Matt Redman
    I didn't listen to this song as much this week, but it was special in this week specifically. One, it won a Grammy, which is spectacular for Matt Redman and well deserved. Two, it was played at Rockharbor, the church I go to. The way the worship band played it and the congregation's response was so awe inspiring. I was constantly getting chills down my back from the raw emotion and praising occurring. It was so amazing, and something I can't get out of my head. 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment