Thursday, February 14, 2013

Throwback Thursday - February 14th

Being Valentines Day, I thought that for this week's throwback, I'd pick a more romantic song for all the lovers and romantics out there. This week I'm bringing it way back, with Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)" from 1964. There's no denying the timelessness of Frank's voice; it continues to stay with us, wether in romantic songs such as this one, or Christmas/Holiday classics. This song in particular is one of his more famous, along with "Come Fly With Me" and "The Way You Look Tonight", both of which are great romantic songs as well. The song has a swing feel to it, and makes you want to sway to the beat with that someone special. I personally did not start to listen to as much of Sinatra's material until the past few years, but I very much enjoy what I hear. His voice brings to mind a time past, a different era of this nation and it's people. It would be a great song for dinner on this special day, or for something soothing and relaxing to set "the mood", whatever that may mean to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment