Friday, February 8, 2013

Five Song Friday - February 8th

Yet another week has gone by, and I have discovered more music (what a surprise). Check out the songs and enjoy!
  1. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark - Fall Out Boy
    This song is addictive. I've already listened to it 15 times in the span of a few days. I absolutely love the intro, with it's hip-hop feel. The song itself is intense and dark, with Patrick Stump's vocals filled with energy and rage/angst. I recommend it for fans of FOB, as well as Panic! At The Disco and Paramore. 5/5
  2. Surrender The Night - My Chemical Romance
    Another solid release in the conclusion of the Conventional Weapons series. The chorus is my favorite part by far, combining the energy and emotion fans have come to expect from MCR. It is upbeat, yet has a melancholy tone to it. A truly moving song of love and surrender. Great for fans of My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds To Mars, and Jimmy Eat World. 5/5
  3. Thin Line (feat. Buffalo Madonna) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    I finally bought all of Macklemore's album The Heist, and was thoroughly impressed with most of the tracks. This was one of the songs that stuck out to me in particular. It's a much more chill song, with a fairly simple instrumental that rides a slower tempo. Macklemore talks about living the life of an artist and dealing with relationships and the struggles that ensue. In so many of his songs, Macklemore continually touches on very real and down to earth subjects, which is one of the reasons I love his work; it's different. 5/5 
  4. Crown On The Ground - Sleigh Bells
    I discovered this band over Christmas Break, and was enthralled by their sound. It's unique and energizing. This song in particular becomes an explosion of sound, with all of the electronic noises blasting from the speaker in a wall of noise. It is catchy, yet comprised of only a few simple parts. I would recommend this song to those of you who enjoy Metric, or electro-pop artists. It is hard to pick other bands like them because of their uniqueness. 5/5 
  5. When I Was Young - Blink-182
    This song might possibly be my favorite by Blink. There's something about it that makes me smile every time. Not only is it catchy, some of the lyrics really hit home. It embodies the best of Blink's old sound, yet shows a maturity that should be expected. They have been at this for 20 years now; they aren't the same people they were then, nor are their fans the same. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment