Thursday, March 14, 2013

Throwback Thursday - March 14th

For this week's throwback, I decided on a song that has stuck with me for 10 years now. It's "Always" by Blink-182 from their self-titled album. Since I'm a romantic, this song speaks to me in many different ways. It can be cute and heartwarming, but can also be saddening.  The song brings me back to memories of middle and high school; those days when I felt alone and hurt. This song was one that I would listen to during my pity parties. Nowadays, however, I listen to it and smile, because it makes me think of my girlfriend, Lauren. It makes me miss her. The chorus is my favorite part of the songs, mainly for the lyrics; "Come on let me hold you, touch you, feel you, always, kiss you, taste you, all night, always". This is the kind of music I want to write; not generic, hallow pop songs, but meaningful and moving songs. This will always be one of my favorites by Blink, and Blink will always be one of my favorite bands. I grew up on them, and they grew up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment