Friday, March 22, 2013

Five Song Friday - March 22nd

This week has been a busy week for music, and I have lots of new music to talk about! Some are expected (if you've read my reviews), and some may surprise you....


  1. Up In The Air - 30 Seconds To Mars
    This is definitely a great first single from the boys of 30 Seconds To Mars (for more of my thoughts about the song, click here). It shows the potential for a new direction, has an insane amount of energy, and is incredibly catchy. I can see this song getting some radio time, which would be great to have some more rock oriented music make its way back into the spotlight. Recommended for fans of Anberlin, Linkin Park, and My Chemical Romance. 4/5
  2. Pusher Love Girl - Justin Timberlake
    This is my current favorite off JT's new album, The 20/20 Experience (see my full review of the album here). It starts a little slowly, but has such a sexy groove once the song kicks in. Justin never fails on the vocals, and the chorus keeps getting stuck in my head. I also very much enjoy the outro and it's Hip-Hop influenced beat. Definitely worth checking out for any previous fans of his, plus anyone who is interested in hearing some quality pop music. 5/5
  3. Deceiver (one) - Dear Misguided
    I got the privelage of hearing this album early, and was extremely glad I got the chance to. It's a solid effort put out from some good friends. The contrast from the first half to the second half of the song is fantastic, going from banjo plucking and mellow vocals to gritty guitars and cymbal crashes. If you have the chance to pick up the album when it releases, I highly recommend taking advantage of the opportunity. 5/5
  4. Crossfire - Brandon Flowers
    I found this song through one of my friends and hall-mates, Garrett. I didn't realize it was the lead singer of The Killers until I listened and looked it up. I had forgotten that he had released his own solo album. This song definitely sounds like something The Killers would do, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. My favorite part of the song has to be at the end of the chorus, where Flowers sings "Lie your body down" repeatedly; there's something so haunting yet drawing about it. It makes for a great song to listen to. Good for people who enjoy The Killers, Death Cab For Cutie, and Bon Iver. 5/5
  5. Adrenalin - Eisbrecher
    This is the song that might catch some of you off guard. It's a German rock band, very similar to Rammstein. My friend Garrett also showed me this song, and I've been listening to it a lot this week. It's a solid rock song, and sounds even grittier thanks to the German vocals. I have no clue what they're saying, but I love the way German sounds in rock music and can't get enough of it. If you like Shinedown, Rammstein, or Five Finger Death, then check out these guys. 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment