Friday, March 29, 2013

Five Song Friday - March 29th

A very eventful week in music has passed. New music has come, bands have passed on. Despite it all, I always enjoy the music I already know, and the music I've discovered, and the music I have yet to discover. Here's what I've been listening to this week.


  1. The Phoenix - Fall Out Boy
    Dramatic. Edgy. In-your-face. Those words describe this song perfectly. It's an anthem, powered by high strings, huge beats, and Patrick Stump's voice roaring in your ear. It's driving, and such an excellent comeback song for the boys in FOB. Completely worth $1.29 to buy so you can blast it wherever you go. 5/5
  2. Can't Stop - OneRepublic
    This is a darker sound for OneRepublic, and it's probably my favorite off their new album, Native (for my full review of it, click here). It still has the same big, epic sound found in the rest of the album, but does it in a more moody tone. The huge bass and beat reflect the hip-hop influences Ryan Tedder brought to this album. It's almost hauntingly beautiful, the way all the aspects come together to create this song. 5/5 
  3. House Of Wolves - My Chemical Romance
    After learning that My Chemical Romance were calling it quits, I began to go through all their music again and listen in memory. This song has always been one of my favorites off of The Black Parade, which was the first album I ever heard by them. I've always imagined that this would be a fantastic song to swing dance to, which I've always wanted to do. You can't help but nod your head along with the groove. This song, and many others by MCR, will always remain in my heart. 5/5
  4. Warning (feat. Patricia Lynn) - Air Dubai
    I bought this song a few weeks ago, but it keeps popping up in my mind, thus prompting me to play it. I thoroughly enjoy it, for it is catchy and different. It's a good cruising song, with the windows down at night. Air Dubai doesn't have many songs out currently, but they are supposed to be releasing an album soon, which I am anticipating thanks to this song. 5/5
  5. Life In Color - OneRepublic
    This song surprised me. Not in it's sound, but in the fact that I enjoyed it so much. The introduction sounds almost too happy; it's just so bright and cheery that it makes you want to frown, if that makes any sense. However, the more I listened to the song, the more I began to discover how it is impossible to be unhappy and listen to this song. It makes you want to run around on a grassy field and be a kid again. I absolutely love the upbeat nature and positivity of the song. Definitely worth downloading. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment