Saturday, March 16, 2013

Five Song Friday - March 15th

The weeks keep rolling by, and more music keeps catching my ear. Here's some of what I've been listening to this past week. Enjoy!


  1. The Glass - The Story So Far
    I discovered this group through Alternative Press' "100 Bands to Know In 2013". The group has energy, and a punch to their punk-rock style. I also took interest after learning that The Story So Far hails from Walnut Creek, which is right near where I grew up. This song in particular is catchy and full of energy, making you want to rock out and sing along. Vocalist Parker Cannon's remind me of Brandon Roundtree of Conditions. The song is on the shorter side, being under 3 minutes, but I enjoy every second of the ride from start to finish. Great for fans of Conditions, There For Tomorrow, and Tonight Alive. 5/5
  2. Sharewithme - Dayshell
    This is another song I found from AP's article this past week. Dayshell leans towards a heavier, Deftones-style sound than The Story So Far. I also just discovered after doing a bit of research that the band was formed by Shayley Bourget after he left Of Mice & Men, which increases my interest in the group. The chorus is awesome, in my opinion, with this epic, grand sort of sound. Their vocals throughout are great, with fantastic resolutions and excellent chord choices. The edginess makes it a very appealing group, and one that I look forward to hearing more of. The band only has this one song out, so I recommend checking it out. For people who enjoy Of Mice & Men, Deftones, and Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows. 5/5
  3. Let The Flames Begin - Paramore
    In anticipation of their new album, I have been listening to some of Paramore's older material. I remember buying this song, because I purchased it the day before I had the opportunity to see them open for No Doubt, and this was one of the songs they performed. It is by far one of my favorites by them, due to it's intensity and edgy nature. I prefer this harder side of Paramore. I've also been listening to this song more because I've read in interviews with Hayley Williams that there is a sequel to "Let The Flames Begin", which I'm hoping will contain the same vibe of the original. 5/5 
  4. Disaster - Blink-182
    This song has been playing since I purchased the EP, Dogs Eating Dogs. It's Blink, but it has heavy influences from Angels & Airwaves, which is expected. The chorus is my favorite part, with Tom Delong's vocals are so haunting and infectious. The intro is also awesome, with a sweet bass line and some epic synth sounds. Its definitely one of the better songs off the EP, and revealing of the maturity and growth in the band as people and musicians. 5/5 
  5. Slow Dancing In A Burning Room - John Mayer
    John Mayer isn't normally my cup o' tea. It's not that I dislike his music, it's just not something I listen to on a regular basis. However, my roommate Josh is very much into Mayer and plays his stuff quite often, so it's been growing on me; this song in particular. I just love the chill, yet sexy vibe Mayer gets with this song. I'm not an expert on Blues, but I'm pretty sure this is a quality Blues song. His voice is one of the best in this generation  which is something I think many people would agree with. Definitely a song I'll keep listing to. 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment