Friday, July 26, 2013

Five Song Friday - July 26th

Friday is here (thankfully), and that means more music for me to share and talk about. Check out the tunes I've been rocking this week, and see if there's anything you dig.


  1. Feeling This - Blink-182
    This band, and this song in particular, always bring me back to past days. I grew up listening to Blink, and I have loved them since the first time I listened. They have such energy, and an attitude of "I don't care what you think", (to put in a PG manner). This song in particular has been one of my favorites by the group, just because of it's summer vibe and high end energy. I didn't really know what the song was about when I was younger, but back then it didn't matter. All that mattered was liking the song, and that's exactly what I did. I always enjoyed the vocal interplay between Mark Hoppus and Tom Delonge, with their contrast in sound and intensity. Definitely a great song for a drive on a hot summer day. 5/5
  2. Kingdom Come - The Civil Wars
    Thanks to The Hunger Games soundtrack, I discovered this wonderful duo. Their sound is not only unique, but refreshingly real. It's simple in instrumentation, but very much authentic in the result. All of their songs are on the calming and relaxing side, this song included, yet this song also contains a sense of urgency, especial when the drum comes in. The lyrics emphasize this as well, with lines like "run, fast as you can". I very much enjoy the guitar parts on their songs, for that usually is the only instrument used, and the parts are always very filling, not leavin the song hollow. I highly recommend this song, and the group. 5/5
  3. Backseat Serenade - All Time Low
    I've been listening to these guys for a few years, and usually enjoy the work they put out. I don't always listen to them often either. But I got this song from Another Hopeless Summer, a compilation album from Hopeless Records that includes tracks from their artists and is usually dirt cheap. This song was on the album, and has been one of my favorites. It's a solid piece of music from ATL, another great summer song. Even though it is upbeat and driving, it has a melancholy sense to it, mostly in the vocals, which happen to my favorite part of the song. Especially on the verses, the vocals are locked in tight and awesome. I enjoy listening to the tune very much, and know that people will enjoy it who might have been disappointed by ATL's straying towards a more pop sound on their last album. Check it out! 5/5
  4. Never Let Me Go - We Came As Romans
    This band was the first real "hardcore" group that I got into, and I love their sound. They have a fantastic blend of clean vocals and screaming, of rock and metal sounds. This song from their new album, Tracing Back Roots, leans more towards the rock side, but it's the vocals that really caught my ears. Kyle Pavone's voice is one of my favorite parts of the band, with his ability to soar high and low. This song showcases his voice incredibly, with the chorus being the stand out. I also like that they had their screamer, David, do some clean vocals as well, showing his versatility and introducing new sounds. Go listen, and see what you think! 5/5
  5. Relapse (Acoustic) - Divided By Friday
    I'm a sucker for acoustic songs, and this song is no exception. The incorporation of strings is always beneficial to a song, and it especially works well on this song. The vocals are excellent as well, and I personally think that the lead singer's voice sounds like that of Panic! At The Disco. This song was on the Hopeless Records compilation as well, and definitely showcases the band's talent.  4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment