Monday, July 15, 2013

Take Back The Night - Justin Timberlake

The minute I heard that there would be a Part 2 to Justin Timberlake's new album, I was incredibly stoked. The 20/20 Experience: Part 1 was a fantastic album, and it made me extremely excited to hear that there was more. I was very surprised to discover that his new single was released so soon, but I am not upset about it in the slightest. His newest single, "Take Back The Night", draws on some old school influence. My mom pointed out that it sounded like a Michael Jackson song, and I completely agree. It has the groove, it has the push, and the dance appeal. I love that Justin isn't afraid to get real with his music; even though he has songs that rely more on modern sounds, like big beats and distorted synths, he loves to go with big band sounds and old school guitars and drum sets. This song feels perfect for a night of dancing in a club, with lots of flashing lights and a big band on stage. It makes you want to get up and dance, no matter who is around. My anticipation for the rest of the album has skyrocketed thanks to this song, and I cannot wait for September 30th! 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment