Thursday, January 24, 2013

Now - Paramore

The minute I discovered this song, called "Now", would be releasing, I was pretty excited. It's been a few years since their last CD, and I very interested to see where their sound would go after losing two of their members. When I listened to the single, I was extremely impressed. It's edgy, much more like Riot! than some of the songs on Brand New Eyes, but showed a maturity. Hayley William's vocals always impress me; her range is incredible and it's always a pleasure to listen to her sing. The intro through me off a little bit, but I really love the sick drum beat for the verses. It makes me want to nod my head along. The chorus is simple, but catchy, as Hayley chants "If there's a future, we want it" and is replied to by a choir composed of her own vocals screaming "Now". It is a unique sound, and part of the appeal of the song. One of my favorite parts is when it starts building for the bridge and you can hear Hayley's voice floating over the track. It's eerie and creepy and awesome. I also very much appreciate the amount of bass guitar being used (to see my full thoughts on bass guitars in general, see the next article down), it is a satisfying alternative to just a muted guitar. It adds some depth to the song, balancing out the higher guitar line. This is a fantastic song, and I cannot wait for the new album from Paramore!
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment