Friday, November 22, 2013

Five Song Friday - November 22nd

Friday Friday Friday. Another week has gone, and the music never stops. Check out the tunes I've been listening to, and see what you like.


  1. Break The Same - MuteMath
     I've been listening to this album a lot these past few weeks, and this song in particular is one of my favorites. It has energy and picks up the intensity, but still has moments of serenity and beauty. It also is an upbeat nature, and doesn't come off as dark in the slightest. I really enjoy the vocals; they're one of my favorite parts of the songs from MuteMath. They're ethereal, and float over the track effortlessly. If you like groups like The Almost, Anberlin, or Switchfoot, then you'll enjoy this song. 5/5
  2. Stockholm Syndrome - Blink-182
    This was another song by Blink-182 that I had the honor of seeing it played live, and it was a blast. This song is an explosion of energy from beginning to end, but has a darker feel to it, which is found throughout the album. Travis Barker pounds away at the drums while Tom and Mark constantly go back and forth on trading off vocals, constantly changing the feel of the song and keeping the listener engaged. One of my favorites from the album, easily. 5/5
  3. Can't Stop - OneRepublic
    This song has been on my Five Song Friday series a couple of times, but there's a reason for that. It has a hip-hop influence, especially in the beat, but feels sorrowful when the vocals and synth lines come together. It has an edge of desperation, with Ryan Tedder's vocals starting with confusion, but quickly slipping into melancholy. If you haven't heard this song, or anything else from OneRepublic's latest album, I highly recommend it. 5/5
  4. The Light Behind Your Eyes - My Chemical Romance
    I've also mentioned this song before in previous posts, and it's because of the incredibly beauty contained within the song. It builds spectacularly, but is incredibly delicate up until that point. The string lines, the piano, the acoustic guitar, it's all arranged in a fantastic way. Gerard Way's vocals are the star of the song, with an incredibly contrast between the tenderness in the beginning, and complete anguish by the end. It is one of the best songs My Chemical Romance has ever done, and one of my favorite songs easily. 5/5
  5. Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution - AC/DC
    I don't know why I've been listening to this song as much, but I have been completely hooked. This song is a classic, and has a good amount of grit while just rocking out, plain and simple. AC/DC has a lot of great songs, but I feel that this one is underrated compared to "Hells Bells" and "Back in Black". It isn't in your face, but a good song to kick back and have a good time with. I love blasting this song, and it's great to just sing along with. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment