Friday, August 30, 2013

Five Song Friday - August 30th

Another week, and lots of music has found its way to my ears. Check out the tunes I've been rocking this week, and see what you like!


  1. Demons - Sleigh Bells
    I finally bought this album, Reign of Terror, and so have been blasting it in my car, as Sleigh Bells' music should be. This song in particular is on of my favorites so far, with its explosive sound and hard hitting nature. The use of an electric guitar was much more prominent of this album then on their first album, Treats. It gives it much more of an 80's feel, but at the same time completely strays from the 80's. It's modern, it's in your face, it's gritty, and it's awesome. It's one of the stand out from the album, and I highly recommend checking it out. 5/5
  2. Bezerk - Eminem
    He's back, and with a fury. Leaving Recovery behind, Emimen taps into the 80's with drum tracks and guitars that bring the Beastie Boys to mind. He's back to his early style of rapping, spitting out his words almost too fast to be comprehensible, yet showing his utter control and incredible talent for putting together rhymes. The chorus is the best part, with the drums pounding away and the crunching guitar reverberating in your ears. There is no doubt that his new album will be a hit, and this song makes me excited for the potential the record holds. 4/5
  3. Meant To Be - Parachute
    After reviewing this album earlier this week, (you can view the review here) I came to love many of the songs on Parachute's latest album, Overnight, but this song was easily one of the stand outs. It's upbeat nature, smooth guitar lines, and steady beat came together with Will Anderson's vocals, (which are usually the highlight of their songs) to create their well tightened pop-rock sound. 5/5
  4. Earth 2077 - M83
    I recently watched the move "Oblivion" this week, which is where this song is from, and it has to be one of my all time favorite soundtracks, as well as one of the best movies I've seen in a while. The soundtrack is similar to the "Tron Legacy" soundtrack in terms of the incorperation of electronic elements and a wide variety of sounds between songs. I could talk about the whole album, but decided to pick this song for this week. It starts off quiet, but quickly builds into something quite fantastic. What starts with some strings and horns quickly erupts into a moving, racing tune; for me, the image that comes to mind when I listen is watching the sun rise over majestic scenery. The electronic elements slowly fade in as the song continues, giving the piece a futuristic feel, which is probably my favorite part. If you enjoyed "Tron Legacy" and its soundtrack, then I highly recommend "Oblivion" and its soundtrack. 5/5
  5. Tell Me Now - We Came As Romans
    This was another song I discovered this week from reviewing We Came As Romans' new album, Tracing Back Roots, (which can be seen here). I think this song was a stand out, for me, because of its three dimensional sound, thanks to thunderous guitar lines and pounding, blistering drums that back David and Kyle's always fantastic vocals. This song was a lot like the material from their previous album, Understanding What We've Grown To Be, which had lots of songs with vast sounds. "Tell Me Know" has that heavy element WCAR does so well, but also creates contrast on the verses by bringing it down with Kyle's voice. I can easily see this being a crowd favorite. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment