Friday, May 24, 2013

Five Song Friday - May 24th

This week was great for my ears, with a brand new 30 Seconds To Mars album out and rocking all over my week. Check out what I was listening to, and see what you like!


  1. Birth - 30 Seconds To Mars
    This song is easily the best intro track I've ever heard for an album in a while. The variety of sounds creates this incredible listening experience. It also plays out like something off of a movie soundtrack, which gives it an epic feel. The combination of all this makes for an absolutely fantastic way to start off the album. 5/5
  2. Conquistador - 30 Seconds To Mars
    I have many addictions from the new 30 Seconds To Mars album, but this one is high up on the list. It is the most energetic and just good old fashioned rock 'n roll track on the album, with gritty roaring guitars and driving, crashing drums. You can't help but want to fist pump along and scream back the lines. Pure energy, and pure fun. 5/5
  3. Holding On To You - Twenty One Pilots
    I recently discovered these guys after learning they would be opening for a Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco show I'm going to in the fall. I decided to give them a listen, and was pleasantly surprised. This song was one of those that stuck with me after listening, due to it's smooth blend of different generes and ideas. I'm loving their quirky sound, a mix of rap and alternative rock with thought provoking lyrics. I absolutely love the line "lean with it, rock with it, when we gonna stop with it, lyrics that mean nothing, we were gifted with thought". That line rings true with me, in a day and age when music is slowly being dumbed down, with lyrics that mean absolutely nothing and are filling the minds of the youth with stupidity. My interest has been grabbed, and I plan on listening to much more of these guys before the concert. 5/5
  4. Out Of Time - Stone Temple Pilots
    I've never really listened to these guys before, but when I heard earlier in the week that Chester Bennington of Linkin Park would temporarily be their new lead singer, I had to check it out. I definitely enjoyed it; it was some well crafted rock and roll. I always like hearing Chester do more rock oriented work, like with his side project a few years back, Dead By Sunrise. He has a great voice for it, and this is no exception. The song itself wasn't too exciting, however, beyond the fact that Chester was included on it. It wasn't bad in any way, but not anything groundbreaking or revolutionary. 4/5
  5. Part II - Paramore
    This song continues to make its way onto my playlists, and continues to get stuck in my head constantly. I can't get over how absolutely fantastic this track is, and how happy I am that Paramore made it.  The darkness, the grittiness, the lyrical parallels, they all keep me coming back listen after listen. It's like Paramore's early stuff, but grown up. It's got age to it, yet it's catchy. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment