Friday, May 17, 2013

Five Song Friday - May 17th

This week has been exciting for me, with the discovery of some fantastic new music. Check out what I've been listening to this week, and enjoy!


  1. Lrad - Knife Party
    I am completely hooked on this song. Knife Party did an incredible job creating the epic party vibe perfectly. The drop is my favorite part; it's straight up sexy in its simplicity and exotic feel. I can easily see this being a big hit at clubs and parties. It's pulsing, it's catchy, and it's sick. Go buy it. 5/5
  2. Things I Can't Change - The Story So Far
    I had discovered this song a few weeks prior, but have been continuing to listen to it since I bought it. I really love the chorus, with fantastic vocals and a instrumental that rocks out. I am getting more and more into their sound as a band, and love it. They get intense, but not in a way that turns away people. They simply make good music, and this is definitely one of the better songs they've made. 5/5
  3. Roads Untraveled - Linkin Park
    This song is one of my favorites from Linkin Park's last record, Living Things, and easily one of my favorites by the group. It is very different from most of their other material, and manages to be epic and driving while being extremely heartfelt and emotional. It also has a more indie/folk influence with some of the sounds and lyrical ideas, which is new for LP. The vocals are really what draw me back listen after listen; I sing it out every single time I hear it. I also really love when the instrumental picks up after Mike and Chester sing with just the piano accompanying them, and how the guitars just ring out over everything else, with the drums crashing around and the added percussion floats lightly on top, yet is clearly heard. It is a true masterpiece, and I cannot stop listening to it a year after the album released. 5/5
  4. The Mighty Fall (feat. Big Sean) - Fall Out Boy
    One of my favorites from Save Rock and Roll, "The Mighty Fall" is a mashup song, with rock guitar riffs played out over huge hip-hop beats. It's gritty and aggressive, much like the rest of the album. I was wary of Big Sean's involvement, but his part perfectly meshes with the song. I really enjoy Patrick's vocals on this song as well, with his voice soaring fairly high and coming right back down to create melodies that stay in my head long after I listen. 5/5
  5. Fool's Game - This Century
    I was very excited for This Century's latest album, Biography of Heartbreak, and it did not disappoint. This song was one of the highlights, grooving along with electronic beats, big synths, and some subtle guitar lines added in. It's very catchy, and very pop oriented as well, which is the ongoing theme of the record. It could easily be heard on the radio or at a dance party/club, which is also the case with many of the other songs on the album. I highly recommend it to fans of The Maine, Boys Like Girls, and A Rocket To The Moon. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment