Friday, April 19, 2013

Five Song Friday - April 19th

Another week has passed, and more music has entered the world! Check out the new songs I've been blasting all week.


  1. Ain't It Fun - Paramore
    This was one of my favorite songs from Paramore's latest album. The vibe and energy of the song is fantastic, and it goes in different directions than Paramore's previous work. I absolutely love the intro, starting with the vibraphone line blending into the guitar riff. The whole song makes you want to dance around your room and sing to the mirror with a hairbrush in hand. It's definitely groovin'; the type of song you can't help but nod your head back and forth to. The real kicker in the song is when the gospel choir comes in; that made me smile and act giddy. It fit so perfectly, and pushed the song to an even bigger sound. Definitely a great song to check out if you want to know where Paramore is headed. 5/5
  2. Radioactive - Pentatonix & Lindsey Stirling
    These guys have such amazing talent. They are unbelievably good, and especially after seeing them live in concert, I have been itching for new music. I discovered through their Facebook page, that they had finally released their cover of Imagine Dragon's "Radioactive", and immediately bought and downloaded it. They had already released the music video for the song, so I knew how epic and fantastic it was. I love their a capella sound, but I also especially love the fact that they found a way to utilize Kevin, their beat-boxer, and his skill on the cello. He and Lindsey Stirling add such a new level of musicality to the song, and take the original and blast off even higher with their dazzling harmonies and explosive voices. My favorite part has to be the drop from the bridge into the last chorus; it gives me shivers when I listen. Such ferocity, such passion. I am in love with their version, and highly recommend it to anyone who likes music. 5/5
  3. Ready To Go - Limp Bizkit
    No matter how many people hate on Limp Bizkit, I always enjoy their music. Yes, it's not groundbreaking. Yes, it's not always the most creative. It's fun, it's loud, and it's rock. Sometimes music doesn't need to always be so mind-blowing and off-the charts. Sometimes all you need is some good old Fred Durst yelling for "the world to shut up and kiss his butt" (I'm paraphrasing just a little). I grew up listening to Limp Bizkit, so I will always be inclined to like their material. This song in particular is their first release since they signed with Lil' Wayne's label, Young Money. I was curious to see how that change would affect their sound, but it didn't in the slightest. Limp Bizkit is the same as they ever were; getting in your face with Durst's singing/yelling, grungy guitars, and rockin' beats. I personally love it, and always look forward to new Limp Bizkit. 5/5
  4. The Mighty Fall (feat. Big Sean) - Fall Out Boy
    Fall Out Boy definitely took some risks with their latest album, this song being one of them. It's hip-hop oriented, and even features Big Sean, a prominent rapper in the current scene. I love the guitar riff from the verses; it's gritty, it's rock and roll, and it completely fits with the hip-hop swagger within the song. It's still odd how FOB seemed to draw upon Kanye West's style for this song and a few others, but it works very, very well in my opinion. Definitely one of the best songs off the album, worth checking out. 5/5
  5. Death Valley - Fall Out Boy
    This is another favorite from Fall Out Boy's new album, Save Rock and Roll. It's upbeat, it's got a driving beat, and Patrick's vocals are as superb as always; especially his falsetto part in the chorus. The instrumental has some great contrasts; the verses to the chorus are such a big difference, plus throwing the dubstep wobbles in the bridge? Genius. It was a risk, and I'm sure people didn't like it, but I very much enjoyed it. Overall, the song has a pop/alternative sound, and could definitely be popular on the radio. Check it out! 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment