Thursday, December 20, 2012

Number Three - My Chemical Romance

After downloading Number Three, I quickly gave each song a listen and was extremely pleased. The latest installment of Conventional Weapons has a much darker tone, and more slowed down feel. They both revealed the more emotional side of the boys of My Chemical Romance.


  • The World Is Ugly has a truly touching and hopeful message. I have such respect for Gerard for the heart he puts into his lyrics and vocals. His vocals really bring the words to life, as does the instrumental, which has sort of an 80's ballad vibe going on. I love the line "the world is ugly, but you're beautiful to me". It's moving; a message of hope to those who need it desperately. I also love the bass line; there's something haunting about the distortion they used during the verses specifically. The bridge is also fantastic, with Gerard adding a bit of a rasp to his voice and the guitar line following the vocals to create a melancholy sound. All in all, a well done song. 4/5
  • The Light Behind Your Eyes starts with a beautiful string section line and a perfectly placed acoustic guitar. When Gerard's vocals come in, I thought at first it wasn't him. He sounds so different on this song, yet it's undeniably him. His voice is so tender and vulnerable on this track. It's stunning. The lyrics are also spectacular and have such a positive yet saddening tone to them. There are few words to describe what My Chemical Romance did with this song. It came out of nowhere. It's eerie yet beautiful; haunting yet hopeful. There are great builds, but the most fantastic points in the song are the stripped and bare sections. Those parts touched my heart. It was so amazing. 5/5


My Chemical showed a very sensitive with these two songs. I'm so incredibly glad they decided to release all these songs. I cannot wait for what else My Chemical Romance has in store.

I've already reviewed Number One and Number Two from My Chemical Romance's Conventional Weapons release series in a previous post, so check it out for my thoughts on those songs as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment